House Democrats – The State Capitol
Being a Legislative Aide puts you in the middle of the state’s most exciting political action. You will meet, work with, and support state legislators who are changing policy to keep our budget balanced, create jobs, improve education, expand health care and grow our economy.
Aides help in the implementation of the House Democrat’s goals by providing written, administrative and logistical support. Duties include organizing the lawmaker’s day-to-day work, scheduling meetings and events, maintaining contact lists and files, doing issue research, supporting their work on legislation, interacting with constituents, and if appropriate, supervising interns and doing light policy work.
We are looking for:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizing abilities and “people skills”
- Interest in Colorado politics and statewide issues
- Basic knowledge of Colorado government
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Computer skills (word, excel, VAN/database, social media, web skills preferred, but not required)
- Good judgment, flexibility, common sense, and a sense of humor
Positions are temporary, part-time, and will start immediately and end on November 8th, though it is possible that you could be hired to work for the 2017 legislative session.
Salary: $12/hour, up to 5-10 hours/week, depending on agreement and scheduling with legislator. No benefits, no paid vacations. There are potentially opportunities to work for multiple representatives, however, which would give you more hours.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER